The MyTrips website offers accommodation and experiences for booking, and allow through its online platform, the booking management for its partners and customers.
1 - What type of personal information is used MyTrips?
When making a reservation, we will asked your name, address, phone number, email address, payment information, the name of the client who gets the reservation. At the end of your stay or experience, we can answer a short questionnaire, for you to give your opinion about your trip, this option helps us to identify the quality of our partners and allows improving the services advertised on our website.
To join our website you must create an account, so that you can make and manage their bookings. Creating this account allows you to view previous reservations and schedule future reservations for your travel. Allows you to also manage your comments about the services they have enjoyed.
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, it is possible that we keep certain information such as your IP address, the browser you use and the information about your computer's operating system, application version, language settings, and pages which have been shown. If you are using a mobile device, it is also possible that we keep information that identifies your mobile device, specific configurations and details characteristic of longitude and latitude.
When you use certain services of social networking, you may also receive some information.
2 - Why MyTrips save, uses and shares your personal data?
• In your Bookings: We use your personal information to complete, manage and administer your online booking and to transmit the necessary information to perform your reservation.
• Customer Service: We offer a customer support available by email or by phone. Sharing information with our services is necessary to meet your requests, particularly in supporting the demand and your reservation or for any questions you find on the operation of our service decision.
• Comments from our customers: the use of your information in order to complete and submit your comments is also necessary. Your opinion is important for us because it allows improving our service and our offer, generating opinion about our offers that can then be used by other clients in their decision on making their bookings. Choosing a offer that is more in line with their needs.
• In the management of user account: Our website offers the option to create a personal account. We use your information to manage and administer your account and allow you to manage their reservations, enjoy special offers, and make reservations faster in the future; you can also manage your personal settings.
3 - How MyTrips sharing your information with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with third parties.
• In Experiences or Accommodation reservations in MyTrips: To make a reservation we need to transfer information to enable the owner of the accommodation or experience register your request. This information includes your name, your contact details, your payment information, and the names of customers who travel with you and any requests or preferences that apply to your booking.
• Providers outside the MyTrips services: We have the need to use external service providers to process your personal information on our interest. We may, for example, using service providers to send information of your reservations for an accommodation that you have booked, or we can ask a third party to come into contact with you. Sometimes a reservation so requires that type of information. It is well established, that we may need to work with external service providers to assist us, in collecting and sending information of payments, payment guarantees and receipts from us and third parties. We also work with external advertising companies to market our accommodation, experiences and services on other platforms or to involve third parties in the monitoring and analysis of the entire process. These third parties involved in any of these services must comply with the confidentiality agreements and are not permitted to use your personal information for any purpose other than those specified above.
• exchanged between business partners Information: We will work with partners worldwide websites, to distribute the oblations of accommodation and experiences on our website and mobile applications. After making a reservation at one of these business partners websites, certain personal information that is transmitted may be shared with us. Likewise, we may share this information with business partner, for example, as part of the management of your account to manage your reservations, so you can be contacted with any questions about your booking and also for publicity purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the terms of the privacy of these business partners.
• Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government authorities and research if we are required by law (or any authority with legislative powers). Such requirements may include court orders, subpoenas and any orders that are coming from lawsuits and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
4 - How MyTrips used the comments and other information about the trip experience of their customers?
Having used our booking service and have enjoyed your stay or experience, you can complete a short electronic questionnaire which is available in your client area. The historic access to your reviews will be available as you needed. Reservation will always associate a comment that may or may not fill. The associate a reservation to a comment enables our partners to more easily identify and approve the comment, helping them to improve their offerings. Upon completing a review of customer, agree that it can be shown (as detailed in our Terms and Conditions) for example, the relevant information of the accommodation on our websites, in our mobile applications in our accounts in social networks and social applications, or in the accommodation website, or from our business partner website. In order to provide greater detail of information for anyone wanting to travel to our website, allowing them to decide between multiple offers those who are according to your needs with quality, price and service.
If filling out the customer reviews, this will be further analyzed by the owner in order to allow better the quality of your service. We may use this information in order to review our offer page, allowing it to organize as the demanding requirements of our clients.
5 - Safety
What are the safety procedures that MyTrips uses in protecting your personal information?
As establish in the laws of data protection in Europe, have adopted procedures to prevent and deny unauthorized access and erroneous use of personal information.
Introduce appropriate to protect and safeguard our information systems and personal information procedures. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using personal information on our servers. Only authorized employees can access personal information during the performance of their work.
The MyTrips offers the email “[email protected]”, which you should use if you have any questions about the information that is being requested on our website.
6 - Children
The services offered by Mytrips are not directed to children under 18. The use of any of our services is only allowed with valid consent from a parent. When we receive information from a child under 18, we reserve the right to delete them.
7 - Contacts
How can you control the personal information that you give to MyTrips?
Always has the right to verify your personal information stored with us. You can request a summary of your personal information by e-mail to: [email protected] mytrips.pt. Please write "request personal information" in the subject of your email and include a copy of your identification so that unauthorized persons do not have access to your information.
If your personal information stored by us is incorrect, then we will update it if you want it. You can ask us to delete your personal information from our database by sending an email to: [email protected] with the subject "Request for removal of personal information". Besides, it may be necessary that we keep some information with legal or administrative purposes, ex: save records to detect fraudulent activities. You can delete your customer account at any time, simply request by email to: [email protected] with the subject "Request deletion of my personal account”.